The sector leading partnership between West Lancashire Borough Council and Green Tourism will position the region as a leader in sustainable tourism, and help support your business to achieve sustainable growth.
The three-year partnership gives the first 100 businesses to apply from the region the opportunity to achieve the internationally recognised Green Tourism Standard, fully funded by West Lancashire Borough Council in Year 1.
There is nothing to pay for the first year for the first 100 businesses to sign up before 31st March 2023.
Successful partner businesses will also benefit from preferential annual fees in years 2 & 3.
- Demonstrate your commitment to sustainability
- Improve sustainability performance Help grow your business
- Free expert advice and support
- Simple online process
- Achieve a Green Tourism award
- Listing on the DiscoverOrmskirk.com website
- Located and Trading in West Lancashire
- Operate in the Accommodation, Hospitality, Leisure or Retail Sector
- Active and Trading on 01/04/2022
COMPLETE THE ONLINE FORM, CHOOSING THE CAMPAIGN NAME ‘WEST LANCASHIRE’
NOTE: Click 'REQUEST INVOICE' to receive your invoice for £0
FEES FOR PARTNER BUSINESSES
Year 1: Fully funded
Year 2: 50% Discount
Year 3: 25% Discount
Apply before 31st March 2023 for your year 1 fees to be fully funded* A full list of Green Tourism fees can be found at green-tourism.com/fees >>
with Green Tourism
GREEN TOURISM STANDARD IS ACHIEVED AT GOLD, SILVER OR BRONZE
Green Tourism Standard is achieved at Gold, Silver or Bronze. Preparing for your assessment is processed completely online through our GreenCheck™ platform
Professional and knowledgeable sustainability assessors on hand
Access 24/7 to complete when convenient for you
On-going online support and advice for continuous improvement
Submit for your assessment whenever you are ready
Save between £225 - £725 in Year 1 through this partnership
“The Green Tourism Award helps us demonstrate our green credentials to guests and corporates who increasingly ask about this before booking”
Partnership Marketing Manager
Red Carnation Hotels
"The GreenCheck was such a straight forward process, our advisor was very helpful and we achieved the Green Tourism Award!”
Hendersyde Farm Holiday Cottages
NOTE: Click ‘REQUEST INVOICE’ to receive your invoice for £0
SOME BUSINESSES SIGNED UP TO THE GREEN TOURISM STANDARD
CASE STUDY: 15Hatfields - Conference & Events Venue
15Hatfields tells an infectious story of an unrelenting commitment to sustainable causes. Since we opened our doors in 2008, our pioneering spirit for a more sustainable future has been at the core of our award-winning events venue on London’s Southbank.
Accommodating all manner of events for up to 530 guests (dependant on social distancing restrictions), our meeting rooms and conference facilities capture the innovation and eco-driven passion of our general manager Warren Campbell and the events team. Upon entering the building, every architectural element has a story to tell, from an accessible reception desk made from recycled detergent bottles, to window-seat cushion covers crafted out of recycled car seatbelts in our iconic colour scheme.
*Terms and Conditions:
- Year 1 fees are fully funded through support from West Lancashire Borough Council.
- Years 2 and 3 are available at preferential rates (Year2: 50% discount & Year3: 25% discount)
- While a business can initiate their fully funded membership year at any point before 31st March 2023, the Year 2 membership fees will be due on the anniversary of first joining.
- Fully funded membership is available only to the first 100 businesses to apply’ and also following the first 100 funded memberships, subsequent applicants will pay membership in full.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with other preferred rates.